Listed here are some parts, tools and resources that you might find useful if you want to attempt a project like the Beetbox.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Project Board
- The “brain” of the Beetbox is a Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit
- This kit might save you some trouble with accessories.
- Capacitive Touch Sensor Breakout - MPR121
- This is the touch sensor board I used in the Beetbox.
- Arduino UNO R3
- Another alternative for detecting touch is to use an Arduino.
- Makey Makey - An Invention Kit for Everyone
- A Makey Makey is an easier way to build touch-based projects.
- Hakko Digital FX888D Soldering Station
- A nice soldering station is a good investment.
Note: The links above are affiliate links and I do earn a small commission.